About     Fashion      Beauty       Lifestyle
12 May 2012

Current Skincare Favourites



























Naked Skin Thirst Aid 12 Hour Moisturiser 100ml £7.49 Superdrug
I got this moisturizer on a whim when it was half price in Superdrug - and I'm so glad I did! It's described as "a hydrating moisturiser containing starflower, neroli, argan oil and shea butter to keep your skin perfectly soft and smooth". It smells sooo good, really natural and relaxing. It makes my skin feel really smooth and the feeling lasts a long time (unlike the simple moisturizer I used to use).  It's 97% natural and doesn't contain any suplhates, parabens or silicones. I have quite dry skin and this is perfect to keep it moisturized day and night. You don't need to use much, I've been using it nearly 2 months every morning and night and there is still loads left. I would most likely repurchase this at full price although they do seem to have offers on this range quite a lot. I would be interested to try the cleanser from this brand as well.

The Beauty Parlour Scrub up! Face Scrub (not currently online but I think it was around the £3/4 mark)
Again I got this when it was on offer in Superdrug (can you see a theme emerging? :P). I'm not normally too impressed by face scrubs as I either find they are too drying or not "scruby" enough. This gets a perfect balance between being very exfoliating but also moisturizing at the same time - after I've used this my skin feels lovely and soft so for me it's a winner. I use this about 2/3 times a week and you only need a tiny amount for your whole face.

The Body Shop Nutriganics Softening Cleansing Gel £9.00 for 100ml
I use this cleanser at night time after I have removed most of my makeup with a face wipe. It's a liquid that comes out like a gel, then kind of dissapears into an oil on the skin, I then use a flannel/muslin cloth to wash it off. It does what it says and is very softening! It isn't great at removing heavy eye makeup but my skin definitely feels nice and clean after I've used it and it has a lovely floral/natural scent. I sometimes find that cleansers can be a bit drying but this one isn't at all. I got this with some sort of deal so it was practically half price, not sure I would repurchase it at full price as I don't think it will last that long and I'm always keen to try out new cleansers. I also have a sample of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish that I've heard everyone rave about, so I'm keen to give that a good try and see if I like it.

Lush Eau Roma Water £3.75 for 100g.
I love this toner from Lush. It's basically lavender and rose water combined and smells so good (yes I like things that smell nice haha). As well as smelling nice it's lovely and refreshing. I use this in the morning and night after my cleanser and sometimes during the day as well to refresh myself. This is the second bottle I have bought and would most likely buy another one when this runs out!

Superdrug Natural High Radiance Balm £4.99 Superdrug (currently half price at the time of writing!)
This is a light reflective balm/cream that I use after my moisturizer in the morning to give my skin a bit of an extra boost. It's really nice and refreshing and makes my skin a bit more glowy :) It's also great to have in your bag during the day incase your skin feels a bit dry.


I hope you've enjoyed this post and I didn't ramble too much! I've always been quite interested in skin care and think it's nice to see what other people really like. I'm no expert I just find these things work well in my experience but obviously everyone's skin is different.

What are your favourite skincare products at the moment? Have you tried any of the things I talked about?

Frankie x
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments :

Post a Comment