About     Fashion      Beauty       Lifestyle
17 Jan 2013

Review: Loreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara






I've bought this mascara on a bit of a whim when I saw it was £3 pounds off in Superdrug. I probably didn't need another mascara but couldn't really say no to the cheaper price...

As a fan of the original Loreal Volume Million I had quite high hopes for this mascara. All in all I'm not entirely sure it lived up to those hopes. It is a nice mascara and gives that very separated, fanned out effect, which I like, I just didn't really see the "excess" part of it's name. To me it was very similar to the original mascara so I would say if you have that one then there is not much point in getting this one. I'm not trying to be overly negative though! I do really like it and it applies very nicely - you can build it up without it going clumpy - I just was expecting the effect it gave to be a bit more dramatic. I like the brush, it's slightly thinner than the original and really separates the lashes - it is plastic bristles which I know some people aren't keen on but I personally like them. One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't seem to have great lasting power. I don't normally have this issue with mascara but by the end of the day it seems like there isn't much left on my lashes (which, to be honest, means there is less effort to remove it!).

Overall - a bit of a mixed review! I like the brush and the formula, I just don't think it was as dramatic as I was expecting but maybe that's just me?

Have you tried this mascara? What are your thoughts?
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment :

  1. Hi honey, great post, I'm also a mascara addict! I bought two in Boots today as they were on a 'buy one get 2nd item half price' So I got Maybelline Falsies Flared and Maybelline Colossal. I can't resist a bargain!
    Following your blog now, I'd love you to take a look at mine it's missbeautybits.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete