About     Fashion      Beauty       Lifestyle
7 Jan 2013

I'm loving...candles



I'm a little bit obsessed with candles and home fragrance at the moment and I'm always on the look out for something to make my home smell nice. In winter especially, when it gets dark and cold outside, it is great to be able to curl up with a book or watch TV with some lovely smelling candles burning in the background. I have found a few new things in the past couple of weeks that I wanted to share with you.


Firstly this Mimosa candle that I found in HomeSense for £4.99! It smells lovely and really fills the room as well which is great (bear in mind I have quite small rooms). It also burns very evenly and doesn't leave a big hole in the middle of the candle (which really annoys me). I think this was an absolute bargain and generally think HomeSense is a great place to find candles.


Next is this candle from Muji. I have been eyeing up these Muji candles for a while as they are super affordable at only £3.50. This one smells quite different to any other candle I have had in the past - as the name would suggest its a woody smell and is great for this time of year, especially if you aren't into really sweet winter scents. It says the burn time of this is 18 hours but I think it may last longer than this, as I have already burnt it for a good few hours and it has hardly gone down at all.



Lastly is my oil burner, which I don't actually burn oil in, but Yankee Candle Wax Tarts. I love this because I can pick and chose different smells and it really makes the whole house smell yummy. I bought ten wax tarts of my choice on Ebay for £9.99 and have been enjoying them all so far. At the moment I am burning a mixture of Warm Spice and Spiced Orange which make a great combo. I just break a bit of each tart off, put it in the oil dish, light a  candle below and when they melt together they create a lovely smell!

What candles or home fragrance are you loving at the moment? Any recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment :