About     Fashion      Beauty       Lifestyle
3 Jul 2012

Balm Balm Hibiscus Face Mask Review




I got a sample tub of this face mask with a few other samples for a Christmas present a while ago but never got around to using it. I think it's a really interesting face mask, as in the tub it is in powder form, you then add some water to this and mix it into a paste. I was surprised to find the white powder turned into a pinky-purply colour when water was added (as you can see in the last picture)! It is 100% organic and contains brown rice flour, ground hibiscus and rose geranium essential oil. I'd never tried a face mask like this before so was excited to give it a try.
After you have applied the "paste" to your skin, you leave it on for about 10 minutes (or until dry), you are then instructed to dampen your skin and massage the mask slightly for extra exfoliation before washing off.
I normally go for more moisturising face masks as I have quite dry skin, so I was a bit sceptical about how this would work for me. One thing I will say is that it was quite difficult to remove, especially around the nose area, however, it did leave my skin feeling very smooth and not as tight as I thought it would. Although I would normally go for something for nourishing I was pleasantly surprised with the effect this mask had on my skin. If you do have more oily/combination skin I would definitely give this a try as I think you could feel the benefits more than I could. It is nice to really feel like you are deep cleansing your skin sometimes and this mask was brilliant in that respect.

You can get the full size product (40g) for £8,15 here. The trail size contained 5g so you would get roughly 8 uses out of the full size.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments :

Post a Comment