About     Fashion      Beauty       Lifestyle
6 Dec 2013

Friday favourites: Winter lipsticks

Now, I'm of the opinion that you can wear whatever shade of lipstick you want at whatever time of year. I do, however, still have some lip products that I just love to wear over the wintertime. You may notice that they are all predictably red and berry shades, these colours just mean winter and Christmas to me (and to a lot of other people I imagine...). No major shocks just a few lip related items I think are fab.


from left to right: Mac Russian Red, MUA shade 13, MUA shade 1, Revlon Balm Stain in Crush and Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose

I love everything about this lip balm; the deep pink tint it leaves, the moisturising qualities and the smell. It looks slightly dark and scary in the tub but it comes out a pretty sheer and leaves a lovely stain. A tinted balm is perfect for me in the winter as my lips get very dry - so this is a winner all round.

Every time I use this lipstick I can't believe that I only paid a pound for it (see below also). It's so pigmented, creamy and just a lovely shade of red. You can't go wrong with a classic red lip for this time of year. If you haven't tried any MUA lipstick, you need to now!

I think this is probably my favourite out of the bunch and it's a fairly recent discovery. It looks quite different in the bullet to how it does on the lips but it comes up a reddish berry colour that seems to suit me really well. I'm very happy to have found this and will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this lipstick.

This is definitely the most dark berry colour out of them all. It can look a bit dark on me at first but when it is really buffed into the lips it leaves a gorgeous stain that lasts for ages.

This is a classic, a deep matte red colour that is not drying and stays on the lips really well. I wrote a blog post about this lipstick and I love it. Not much else I can say about this one.


Hope you like my selection. What are your favourite shades for this time of year?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments :

Post a Comment